View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 09:13 PM

Default First time 8-tabling (NC)

I'm down to 1 table from the 8 I opened up about 45-50 minutes ago. (well, actually, I opened up a new table when I busted 10th/9th with AA vs. QQ, which is the one remaining).
So far, I've had 2 1sts, 1 2nd, and the rest OOTM, with 1 still remaining and in good shape -- good enough in my book.

(edit: last table, 3rd.)

Most of the 8/12-table players we have here-- you guys are already great contributers, and I have respect for you for that reason alone. But to think that some of you play 8, or even 12 tables, continuous or in sets... I have managed to respect you more, if it were possible to begin with.

It got a bit hectic when a couple of them hit the bubble around the same time, but I think I pulled off most decisions alright.

Just wanted to share such an experience with you guys.

I guess I'll ask a question I've seen asked before... do any of you use some sort of application to open tables for you as you close them? I remember a thread in which such an application was being discussed, but the URLs listed were out of date.

I plan on playing 5-6 for now, until I get as comfortable as I am with 4, or perhaps play in sets of 8, instead of continous.