View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Real Estate/Mortgage Loan/Stock Market

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I read recently that the real estate bubble is currently hndreds of times bigger than the dot com bubble and that the world has never seen a bubble so large when measured in USD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a link handy but compare real estate prices in Tennessee and Southern California then tell me there's a real estate bubble in Tennessee. Mentioned many times on this forum real estate markets are localized and not ubiquotous.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are ofcourse right, the bubbles exist mainly where there are major pockets of speculative excess...and the US in general qualifies, even thought there are still pockets of value, as there always will be, much like the stock market.

During a property price slump, however, much like the dot com bust, when many unconnected companies got dragged down as well as the Hi tech companies, places like Tennesee could well see slips if the wider market goes down....the delusions of crowd behaviour takes over at stressful times like these...and no where is totally safe. Rental income levels, like dividends, provide a floor for prices, as does smart buying, in both property and stocks.

Nevertheless, this global property bubble is truly gargantuan. The warning signs are scattered throughout this thread...ignore them at your peril.

Bingo