View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: method for determining possible flop outcomes - reasonable?

Vectors, Dimension and Poker

A vector only lives in a world of dimensions within a sperical, cylindrical or rectangular coordinate system.
The LaPlacian is a mathematical operation performed on a vector. It's symbol is an upside down triangle and pronounced "del".

21st Century math, called String Theory, is said to have upward of twelve dimensions.

At first appearance it seems like "Space Shot" material and that is because most people through familiarity try to map these multiple dimension to length, width and height. That would be "Space Shot" stuff. Over-simplifying, if these added dimensions were temperature, mass, velocity . . . it conceivably would start to make sense.

Now, back to vectors and it's dimensions. I could conceive of a vector having dimensions HoleCardOne, HoleCardTwo, Flop . . . . Where this math could lead I don't know but I would never dismiss it. If everyone is using the same math we will all undoubtably end reaching the same conclusion. Is it the best way? I don't know but I would remain open minded to different thought processes.