View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: LetYouDown or Aaron does this look correct to you?

Bruce, I read your comment yesterday and thought just to ignore it but decided you needed a reply. Had you bothered to read the associated posts you would have discovered that the math was done first and I erred in dividing the number of permeations by the number of combinations and used the computer to test my result with 20K+ hands, a valid use of a computer. As three digits may be permeated 6 ways my initial result was exactly six too great and do not feel comfortable enough with combinatorial math yet. I am an EE and combinatorial math is far removed from the type of math I do.

Further, there are many questions that may be unknown or too difficult to calculate such as my recently answered question, what is the correct order of preferred openers per the number of players at the table. And yes, I used a computer.

Lastly, I will guess that you are under 25 years old. If you are, before you were born, in a spare room in my house there was my computer (hint: it had over 40 lights). It was given to me because of my involvement in it's design. Two points I am making is I have been involved in computers for a long time at a high level and have been writing software (and firmware) longer. So one last question, why do you think you can comment on what a computer should or shouldn't be used for?