View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Question about post flop experts.

Wow, I got some really great feedback. Thanks to all.

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Value betting more successfully while ahead

[/ QUOTE ]
Ways to defend against this would be to (1) have good starting hands relative to position and (2) let go of hands if the flop isn't promising?

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Getting people to fold profitable draws.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ways to defend against this would be to know my pot odds and EV and play accordingly?

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Bluffing more effectively.

[/ QUOTE ]
Way to defend against this--protecting the button, protecting the blinds? Would this be with a semi-bluff or better quality hand? What's the best way to do this--reraise preflop or lead out on the flop with a sizeable bet?

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Getting people to bet less while the expert is behind but would still call.
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Inducing people to bluff or make incorrect value bets more while the expert is ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know that I fall victim to the first of these. This is great analysis--it lets me know what I need to work on to take my play to another level. Thanks a lot.