View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Fundamental Theory of Poker - what if? LC

here is some very rough (and most likely) flawed math -

lets say you will see the river 10% of the time under these conditions -

now on the last round of betting, you have the ultimate advantage - you know everything there is to know about the hand - you will ALWAYS know when to fold, even to one bet in a huge pot, and always know when to bet/raise for value.
So you would always save 1 bet when you have lost, and sometimes save yourself 2 bets in situations where you may have bet for value and been raised and had to make a crying call - I'll say in situations where you are beat, you would save 1.1 bets on avg.

now, for hands where you are ahead, you will always get a value bet in, sometimes for one bet, sometimes as a raise for 2, sometimes 2 or more from overcalls of your bet in multihanded pots - or on the other hand you may not get called at all, and gain zero bets from your information - this seems trickier to estimate, so I'll take the cop out and say its again 1.1 bet advatage on the river. (discounting for the times you would play the hand the same way without perfect info)

That right there, with perfect information, means you will be on avg getting an 1.1 extra bets on the river -

seeing the river 10% of the time, that alone would equate to 11 bb/100

so maybe we are talking 15bb/100

please flame me if this makes no sense