View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Fundamental Theory of Poker - what if? LC

yeah, in a NL game where your opponents had deep stacks, I would think you would try to play every hand as long as there were not huge PF raises, and your advantage would be HUGE -

to your point about the effect on limit, thats why I wanted to pose the question in terms of limit, realistically, anyone who had the ability to see all the hole cards would be an idiot to play limit, but for the sake of discussion (and because I mainly play limit) I think limit is a more interesting scenario to ponder

I think in limit, you'd play lot more hands against aggresive opponents, where you could make up you preflop disadvantage with weaker holdings with more bets in the late rounds as you hit flops with unlikely holdings to catch people off gaurd -

the looseness of the game would also be a huge factor in how loose the hacker would play -
the bottom line is, even if you know what everyone is holding, bad starting cards still only hit flops strongly enough to win hands rarely - so you would be getting 'taxed' preflop by playing those hands regularly up to the point where when you can outplay your opponents wiht perfection after the flop, i don't know that you would be able to show a profit of terrible starting cards

basically, avg. pot size (from the looseness/aggrsiveness) of the game would need to be pretty high to really lower you starting hands requirments to a rediculous level -

Maybe 35% VPIP on an avg. 10/20 game?

win rate of 7 BB/100?