View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Slow play/varied play - Feedback requested, three hands

Hand1: don't openraise garbage from the CO

bet/3bet the turn .. I'm tempted to try a bet/call .. bet/3bet line here as well

Hand2: easy flop bet

Hand3: bet the turn, bet the river

pretty fancy play ish here

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I said I am usually pickier for starters, but I don't see a problem with the logic of raising any two from time to time and the idea here was to get a feel for how the blinds reacted. How else you get reads? If they all call, next time I'm picky...besides 54o isn't the worst I could do (although very close). I agree just raising any two EVERY time it's folded to me in the CO would be optimistic at best, but then again...how often does that happen at .5/1 tables?
I think the original idea to raise any two here was planted in my head in the context of posting inthe CO...so maybe this is a bad idea...but it is really a blind steal so I don't see what difference it makes if your cards suck. Hopefully more people will post on this and I can get scolded enough to change my ways if they are bad!

[/ QUOTE ]

um there is a huge difference between risking 2bets to win 1.5bets, and risking 1bet to win 2.5bets .. its not even close

secondly you still have the button to consider in addition to the blinds, how he plays is very important in deciding what to do .. but opening 54o is almost never gonna be correct