View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: is this a wise investment?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If your friend was an established winning pro who went broke, would you not stake him if you had the money? Would you really just give him the money and hope he makes enough to pay you back some day? I think that's silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a silly statement. Your friends aren't established anythings. Get that red herring out of here. (Besides, an 'established pro' wouldn't get broke unless he's stupid with his bankroll. And if he's stupid with his bankroll, I wouldn't stake him.)

You asked for advice, and you got it. Take it or leave it. You don't need to justify yourself (since it seems you've already decided to do it).

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, thank you. You and the guy who mentioned instant bankroll are the only ones who offered reasonable specific ideas. I appreciate all the general concerns as well, since I've gotten a good idea of how bad this plan might be just by the sheer volume of negative responses.

As for the so-called red herring, I suspected people might not like that analogy. But think about it for a second. A break even 1/2 player, with the huge overlay of the Party sign-up bonus ($100 for 500 raked hands?!!), will achieve a much greater win rate versus risk than even an excellent higher stakes pro who has no bonus to clear.

So I take it that you wouldn't ever stake someone?