View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: A Thread to post colorful poolroom stories

When I was 18 or so a friend of mine by the name of Lance worked at the local pool hall. He shot pool on a regular basis with A.J., who was a local redneck with too much money and too much gamble in him. A.J.'s dad owned a few rural bars so we headed over to one of them on a Saturday afternoon to get a game going. We ended up shooting doubles for $20 a rack against A.J. and his partner, who happened to be a 6'4", 350 lb. farm boy wearing overalls and still had his sh!t covered boots on. Now keep in mind when I was 18, I probably was about 5'11" and 150 lbs. soaking wet.

We proceeded to beat them 8 games straight, which meant nothing to A.J., but his partner was getting more agitated every game. After they gave up and paid us, A.J. came over to us and said (and I'm not kidding here!) "We don't wanna play no more pool, but if you wanna wrassle for 10 bucks apiece, we'll do that".

I tried so hard not to burst out laughing but failed miserably. The farm boy didn't take too kindly to that and charged at us. I swear I have never seen someone that size move so fast! I was scared to death and Lance and I barely made out the door and into his truck. Never went back to that bar again.