View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Starting from scratch

I've grown bored of playing limit holdem and have decided to play pot limit exclusively from now on. I played limit holdem for 5 months and made a reasonable bb/100. I've played some pl holdem $25 and $100 on crypto and did quite well, and some pl stud $50 on prima and did ok there to.

Now I plan to play Holdem, omaha and stud, all pot limit. My pot limit experience is limited to about 4 weeks pl stud and 6 weeks pl holdem, and my omaha game is poor.

I've $1100 in the bankroll and need to guys to guide me along the long road to mastering this game. I feel like I'm starting all over again as I've often confused with some of the concepts of big-bet poker, and suck at omaha.

How do you go about learning all 3 games without confusing yourself? I'm not sure where I'm going with this post, didn't really think about it that much. I'm confindent of holding my own at $50pl stud and $50 pl holdem, but omaha is a problem, it'll have to be $20 for that game, and only once i've read Ciaffones omaha book.

What about multitabling? I don't plan to play any more than 2 stud tables at once because of the dead cards to remember. Thoughts on this? I could 3 table limit holdem ok.

Any pointers I'd like to hear.