View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Poker for a Living

I play a lot and win quite a bit I win enough so that I actually could make a living off it, about 4k a month, I have been playing for about 6 months, not rich by any means, but then again I play very low stakes .50/1 and 1/2 pot limit mostly, I use the money to pay for college and to help my parents with their bills they dont make much. I make more than them now, which is odd to say the least, but I really dont know how im going to return to school and be able to play like this with homework and everything.

I am starting to wonder where to go from here? I mean I really like poker and I enjoy it I have 28 poker books have read 19. I really like playing all forms of it. I have been concentrating on all forms of pot limit omaha, both high and low and have become good at it, but I play stud and limit holdem from time to time and am thinking of getting deeper into them because I have read books on them and I think I can beat the lower levels the few times I have played I do ok, I just make more in pot limit omaha games, lol.

I know I should finish school and thats why I have continued to go, but should I tone school down? I mean somehow balance it out so that I still continue my education, but dont take so many classes that I cant play poker? Or should I stop playing poker? Which is very hard as the money is needed at home. Just wondering what to do?