View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Trouble with 10-10

I bet 175 to 200 on the turn, as I think it gives you a much better idea of where you're at and theres a good chance you have the best hand. Theres not much he could have here other than a 9, maybe A2s, or making a weak call w/a middle pair. However, any or all of these hands could bet into when you check the turn and put you in an odd spot. I prefer betting and folding to a raise (most of the time as long as the guy isnt shady), and obviously in this case where the guy had a big hand you would have lost less.

P.S. You can raise PF, but I usually dont. I think there are arguments to be made both way, but you'll usually get callers and be out of position with ovecards on the flop, meaning any call will put you in an awkward position on later streets with a decent sized pot, regardless of whether you have the best hand or not. However, if the blind are a bit bigger, I love moving all-in from the blinds with a hand like this, as its an easy way to pick up the dead money, and a decent amount of the time some schmo
wont believe you and will call with his small pair.