Thread: learning
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 08:21 AM

Default Re: learning

[ QUOTE ]
One problem with the suggestions others have made is that they are aimed at improving your play at tables with 5-9 opponents. If you are planning to play with just one opponent, this is quite different. You need to be much more aggressive, you need to bluff frequently, and you need to bet for value with much weaker hands. I'm not sure what reference to recommend about this. Perhaps it would be good to read through a recorded heads up session. Perhaps you should practice against a poker bot, since poker programs can play very well heads up. My guess is that if you practice against a bot, and learn how it plays heads up, you will have a good chance to beat a pro who has not studied heads up play. If you just study normal poker, you will get crushed heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. It takes hours and hours of practice heads-up to realize how to play well. I play well at a full table but often get pwned heads-up.

I was thinking about it the other day and Danie N. should write a book on heads-up play since he's obviously getting plenty of experience with his challenge matches. The probably would be with the demand for the book. If he covered all the forms of poker he is playing in his challenge matches that would be incredible.