View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 04:52 AM

Default Re: How long will this website remain free ?

[ QUOTE ]
This web site is a big advertisement for 2+2 books and for Conjelco, which runs the site and which sells the book that you can order here. The more people who come here, the more 2+2 books that are sold, the more books that Conjelco sells, and the more advertising revenue that comes in from poker sites and affiliates.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a valid claim but I was referring specifically to the number of participants here. It's one thing to have a huge number of hits on your website (which is a matter of hosting servers to carry the load), whereby indeed, as you say, the hits support the advertisement revenue and the book selling, and it's quite another thing when there is a myriad of active participants in message boards!

This website is having a tremendous, unanticipated success with the number of active participants! All marketers know that an active participant is more hooked than a browser (causing hits). But, like I said, so far I see no indication whatsoever of the webmasters here taking advantage of windfall success.

But I don't have stock in 2+2 so it is no big deal to me, aside from commenting on something obvious.