View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Will multitabling be useful to beginner?

I eventually got to the point where I could 4-table $.50-$ tables on Party to clear bonuses profitably. Sweet! Then I moved to $1-$2 where the tables are a little tighter, more aggressive, and the play is faster. Four-tabling $1-$2 became a very good way to give my money away.

I'm now concentrating on one table only. I think I might move on to two soon, but 6-max is faster still than any of the full games. If you're playing on Party, note what people are raising PF with. Note how they play TP no kicker. Note how they play flopped two pairs and sets. I have at least three people in my set of notes that I know will bet any flop they missed with an unimproved, crappy A. I can't even count how many people raise and reraise draws and overs on the flop. This information is so +EV it's ridiculous, and it's unlikely you'll have time to look it up with four tables going. Maybe one day I will four-table $5-$10 and pay my rent with rakeback, but that day is not yet here. Until my mind goes fast enough to do that and I can make good plays much faster than right now, it's 1-2 tables, and one table only when I try to move up.

So in conclusion, one or two table, and use all the information at hand. Multitabling will get you more money at rakeback in the short term, but may also lose money on the table. Focusing on how to adapt to the different situations and players as best you can will get you good at poker.

Maybe some pros will disagree, but that's my 2 (+2?) cents.