View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Forget what I said about Stars $16s

I play Party/Skins almost exclusively. I have played the Stars regular SnGs and found them to be like playing a low limit rock garden.

I tried my first Stars Turbo tonight. The good news was I was ITM and the play was much more like Party.

Some thoughts based on the math rather than this wealth of experience:

1. I was out in 3rd after 55 minutes. I assume that the whole thing went over an hour. Anyone with a good sense of duration for Stars Turbos?

2. Third place paid 66% ROI, compared to 82% for 3rd at Party. I'm guessing that 82% at Party would convert to about 100% per hour. The 66% at Stars would be about 75% an hour for a 3rd place finish.

3. I have a ton of uncleared bonuses at Stars. The rule of thumb is that bonuses cleared by playing SnGs at Stars essentially offset the entry fee, so that you are playing rake free. Taking the entry fee out, the 3rd place finish paid 72% ROI, or about 80% an hour.

The major unknown in all of the above is the average time for a Turbo. If it is about an hour, then I can't see switching from Party. Comments?

The other potential variable is ITM%. Statistically, at a 10-player SnG, the "average" player should be ITM 30% of the time. At a 9-player SnG, the "average" player should be ITM 33%. I can't imagine that this would be significant for a good player at the lower levels. Any comments on this would be appreciated.