View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 01:51 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Who is your favourite guitar shredder?

[ QUOTE ]
(always liked Wylde better than Jake E. Lee but honestly, that may just be because I liked the songs from No Rest For The Wicked better than anything off Bark at the Moon or Ultimate Sin. Ultimate Sin is my least favorite Ozzy album (at least until after No More Tears.))

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Zakk. Really like some of his harder stuff like 'stillborn' and 'suicide messiah' Those tunes effing rock. To really compare them, look at Jake away from Ozzy. Same with Zakk. Zakk had a bit more freedom in Ozzy than Jake did. I like 'em both. But I like Jakes' style alot more.

[ QUOTE ]
Eddie Van Halen has to get the "pioneer" nod. I may be talking out my a*s as I don't know who Eddie's influences were.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave Clark 5 and some more rockabilly stuff, among other influences. (solo-wise) I watched a local show on tv one night, Johnny and the Blue Flames I think were their names. 50s style band all the way. The solos sounded kind of familiar even though they had a Bill Haley and the Comets type of feel to them. I finally figured it out that it was like Eddie without a distortion peddle. (minus the tapping)

b