View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: that somewhat new belle and sebastian matador b-sides comp

Push Barman to Open Old Wounds is pretty comprehensive, I just got it as well, but does not include all the singles, although it sounds like you wouldn't want the rest anyway, heh. I understand what you're saying about putting one song on repeat to basically sum up their sound. However, for me I rarely listen to them for long periods, certainly not a full 2 cd set, and it stays original It can get quite repetitive in larger doses. Mixing B+S into your regular stuff is the way to go. When I first heard B+S it was on Accuradio/Britrock and in small doses. I thought it was really original and the mix used a lot of the non-album singles. After I bought the full albums it was a different listening experience but I think you are underestimating some of the tracks on that singles collection. Legal Man, for instance, is a great track that I don't think sounds at all like their other stuff. Lazy Line Painter Jane, Winter Wooskie and a few others are tracks as good as any on the albums but, sure, I'd agree that they have the same B+S sound. As well, I don't like DCW as much because I don't think it DOES sound like their other albums.

Anyhow, I think it is great that this kind of organic melody based sound has received wide attention.

Btw, Tuco...

[ QUOTE ]
I suspect you really have to enjoy the nuances of Stuart Murdoch's voice and the Scottish point of view to get the most out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]