Thread: Push this A7s?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Push this A7s?

edit: For some stupid reason, I thought there were 5 players left. So basically everything I said doesn't apply. But I'd actually be interested to know if things change when there are 5 players left, instead of just 4.

I'm not sure you can really wait for two more people to bust, can you? After you post next hand, you'll be down to 3.5 BB, while you've got one guy with 2 and one with nearly two. If either of these guys steals the blinds this round, you're basically even.

Waiting just seems to passive to me. You don't really have the luxury of time, and you're relying on someone else busting, so you're not making any effort to improve your position. Just kinda hoping to get lucky (which may be all you can do here?)

Also, I've been thinking about the big difference between 4- and 5-handed play lately. I think with 5 players left, a push is probably better than when there are just four, cause you're not exactly a great shot to make the money here. Stealing blinds helps you considerably, and you're in awesome shape if you double up.

I'm not saying any of this is right (or that your advice doesn't apply at low limits [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), that would just be my thought process in coming to a decision, and I'd like to know what I can do better.

I agree that this is basically 100% dependent upon BB's calling range.