View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: 2 hands in Party 11s

Situation #1 is tricky. You're probably up against a high pair two of which may also counterfeit you. Early on in the tourney and holding an average or better stack I'd probably dump this hand against an unknown entity going all-in. Too early for a weighted against me coin-flip. Against just the loose player it's an easy call+all-in raise to weed out the others. Since you are a below average stack but not crippled, you do need to consider the move all-in if you don't think you can get your $ back cheaply via blind steals in later rounds. If I'm playing a sub-$400-450 stack I'm pushing here.

Situation #2. A raise of 4-5x BB from MP with 3 early callers is probably what I would do hoping to thin out the field. You made the right play you just had too many other people making a bad play.

Alternate play: If there are a lot of calling stations that I know I cannot make fold with a hefty pre-flop raise (2 or more seeing the flop) I'd just call without raising and hope the flop hits me. QQ is not a fun hand with 3 or more players all-in.