View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: (WSOP) When Play Resumes Today, What Will Blinds Be At?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They are about halfway through the level with $20,000-$40,000 blinds and $5,000 antes.

Players will (should) be push/folding any stacks below $500K or so, and if two stacks of $2M or more are involved in a pot, there's still plenty of "real poker" to be played...

[/ QUOTE ]

This 10 X Big Blind strategy of pushing, starting to bug me, in sit and go's with fast blinds I see why, but on the length of these blinds, with 27 players, this is not always the correct play, if you think different... I'll play you any day

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you're saying, but basing whether or not to push solely off of the big blind is incorrect. How many big blinds isn't indicative of how long you are going to survive in the tournament. The important thing is how many times around the table you can last with your stack as it currently stands. In this case, each orbit will cost 105,000 chips (adding up the antes and blinds). So someone with 500,000 only has 5 orbits left before they are gone and have to be much more aggressive. This is the so-called "Red Zone"; Harrington on Hold'em Volume 2 gives a much more detailed explanation of this concept.