View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Let\'s make a deal

[ QUOTE ]
I think I understand what you're getting at, concerning adding commentary to hands. When originally placed on wiki these hands could have outright erroneous interpretations, and yet these errors would be corrected as they were discovered. This discovery process would permit many viewers to critique what was said, and the eventual result would be a very educational hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is exactly what happens all over the 2+2 forums currently, and I think it's probably more useful to post hands and comment on them directly on the forums.

On the forums, you can submit a hand that you feel you misplayed and have more experience players point out to you where you went wrong. You wouldn't get that from a library of "expert" hands.

Also, there are so many variables involved in a hand of poker that it would be impossible to cover how to play TT in every situation. Are you in early or late position? Was the pot raised before you? Is it likely to be raised after you if you limp in? What is the board like on the flop? The turn? The river? Are there overcards? Possible straights or flushes? How many players saw the flop? What do your opponents have? Who is betting or raising? How do your opponents play? The back and forth of the forums allows people to point out to me the things I should be thinking about to help me master the concepts I need to apply in unfamiliar situations.

Good luck to you on your quest, but I think what you're looking for is already all around you on the different forums. There are three different limit forums, two no-limit and one for Heads-Up & Short-Handed that are filled with posted hands and people discussing the best way to play them. That's much more information than I can absorb in a day already.