View Single Post
Old 06-29-2003, 12:58 PM

Default GREAT advice - NOT

"...what makes it even better is you dont need to learn or study a damn thing. Just plop you bumm down in any nearby 10, 20 or 30 game and take the money off. "

This must be a joke, because I am LMAO all day long! Yea, just throw your 7CSFAP21 out the window, you don't need to know any of that nonsense, especially not if you're totally new to the game. Doyle's stud high section, total BALONEY. It'll only help you lose more than if you never read it. This IS what you are saying, right? Skip all that "book learnin' crapola" and such, right? AND - AND - you recommend that he jump right into the middle limit games! Where money is just being given away freely by all the morons that can't even beat an inexperienced newbie who thinks stud isn't very complex at all! FUNNY!!!!!! Great joke!!!! I need a tissue I'm laughing so hard!

I think what teddy really wanted was real responses, tho I am still laughing right now.

Teddy has the impression that hold'em is more complex than stud, which is NOT true. With all the upcards in stud, deciding things like drawing odds is FAR more complex. Hold'em is very sophisticated, yes, but the drawing odds are always the same and never change. The upcards in stud can be very useful to someone who knows how to adjust for them.

And Teddy, practice in the small split limit online games first. Follow the advice in "the book."

al