View Single Post
Old 06-29-2003, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Is there enough money in Stud to make it worth learning?

I'm still learning stud and it is taking me a little longer to get a grasp on the game than it did with holdem. Granted I have not yet dedicated a proper amount of study/experience time to the game. I find that the game is no more or less complex than holdem. They are just different games and the complexities of each game take place in different parts of the hand. Holdem, for example, is fairly routine preflop (straightforward), alot of the complexity issues arrive after the flop. In stud, 3rd street can be a comlex situation depending on the info you are projecting with your upcard in relation to those of your opponents upcards and their position. Stud seems to be more straightforward later in the hand.

It is interesting to note that Mason has also continually argued that stud players make a little more than their holdem counterparts.

As for the question as to what kind of money there is to be making at stud....there are bad players in every game played. If you wanna take advantage of this, the best thing to do is learn as much as possible about every game you can. Your game selection will then encompass even more tables to choose from.

Just my opinion,
Allan