View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Correct play or unnecessary gamble?

ok, because he's on the loose side i can see why you called the preflop raise, i probably would have, although it was a strange amount to raise and i might have been thinking about this during the hand

on the flop you get your str draw, not what i would have wanted, obviously would have preferred the flush draw - i would be looking for excuses to get out of this and may have checked behind him on the flop or thrown out a small bet, possibly minimum to pretend i'm trapping and hope he senses a trap and doesn't raise - one reason for looking for excuses is if you make your straight the board will be screaming it and you lose all your implied odds, just like when a flush hits so your win isn't going to get any bigger. this is a much better hand to have in a multi way pot.

i don't think the pot bet was justified as you didn't already have something like a pair

if it was played this way then the turn would be a different situation as you wouldn't be pot commited and may not face an all in bet - i would probably fold to anything more than the pot here

Jon