View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 12:22 PM

Default A7o, strange line

BB is somewhat new. I've played with him once before, but it was only for about 20-30 hands, so I didn't get a good feel for his game. The things I have noticed are that tends to be a bit weak postflop. I have notes saying that he has raised preflop and check-folded the flop on two occasions. I've also seen a couple bet-folds out of him. It looks like he's trying to TAG it up a bit, but he's too T (24 VPIP!) and the AG seems to be in the wrong places (which is why he's folding so much).

UTG is a very passive player. He only seems to bet/raise on the river. He's showing down a lot of winners (including hands two pair and bigger that he checked on the river). He's tight passive enough that I'm afraid to value bet second pair on the river HU against him.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed, 5-max) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds...

I thought I would check-raise the flop, but at the last second, I decided I would wait for the turn and just bet out there. But the king scared me since now it felt very likely that I was beat. The pot was small enough that I didn't want to peel for my 5-outer. This whole hand felt strange to me.