View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 04:15 AM

Default worst player you\'ve ever seen? (low content)

I ran into a very "unique" player today at 0.5/1 on PartyPoker. With stats of 68/15/3, he mostly fit the "maniac" description, but took it to a whole other level. I'm talking constant raising with no hand and no draw. Capping the river with 3 high and being shown a full house. This sort of thing happened multiple times. I was "priviledged" enough to play heads up twice with this player and crushed him both times, while being raised and 3-bet into. My bankroll thanks him.

Bluffing can be exciting, because sometimes you can get people to lay down better hands. But there's a time and a place for it, and micro limit online poker is NOT one of them! People are especially passive and will call with weak pairs and most draws. Hoping to bluff them out of a pot is almost never going to work.

So I added this player to my buddies list so I could seek him out in the future. Later that night, I saw he was playing at a $2/4 table! That's beyond my bankroll (and perhaps skill), so I just watched. He hadn't changed his style at all. I saw him go from $80 to $130 to $30 to $140 to broke in 30 minutes. People at the table were openly insulting him (which I never did when he was at my table... "don't tap the aquarium"), but it didn't seem to bother him; he kept right on trying to bluff everyone out of every pot and failing almost every time.

So that's the worst player I've ever seen online. Tries to bluff people out of every pot, not learning from the fact that it almost never seems to work. Not content to hemmorhage money at 0.5/1 with a horribly broken style of play, he decides to move up to a much higher limit! Great choice!

Just to show I'm not making this up, here is a typical hand played by this player. I edited the hand history so bison's would show him as the Hero. (This is NOT me playing!!!)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (19.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kc 9c (one pair, jacks).
Button has 6d 6h (full house, sixes full of jacks).
Outcome: Button wins 23.25 BB. </font>

Anyone got any stories of players that are so bad you feel sorry for them?