View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: ugly combo draw hand

Hi schwza,

I'm really not concerned that either of these guys has a three. Sure, its possible UTG+2 may have one of the two A3s hands out there, but if he does, (or 34s 32s, whatever) his starting hand range is so ridiculously wide that its just statistically unlikely he would have either of the other 3s. Similarly, if he somehow ended up with a 3 here and smooth called the flop, he's probably the type of player that will smooth call the flop with whatever hand he called with pre-flop. Basically, he CAN have a 3, he can also have AA, I'm just not real worried about either.

I prefer raising because neither of these clowns have shown much interest in the pot, so I'll take it down a good percentage of the time right there. If I don't take it down in on the flop and hit my spade on the turn, my implied odds are great. If I whiff the turn, I probably get to see a free river.

Yes, I could get blown off the flop by a re-raise. This is the main argument for not raising, and its quite valid. I just don't see tha sort of situation playing out all that often, and I raise here often with a wide range of garbage.

And yes, I would bet the river. You have shown absolutely no aggression thus far in the hand so he won't be looking to C/R you here a good enough % of the time to make checking behind the correct play.