View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 03:02 AM

Default Has anyone ever felt like this before?

At the beginning of this month I had lost about half my bank roll to a horrible run.. and spent the first half of the month playing intensely to make it back. This was not the first time I had a bad run but it was the most I had lost during a bad run however. It was up and down and needless to say *extremely* stressful.

I did however make it back half way into the month and felt absolutely relieved. The feeling I had when being down that much of my own profits was absolutely sickening. Once making it back I had a feeling of... "do i really want to play as much as I used to and run the risk of another bad run? That was extremely stressful and I hated the feeling I had in the pit of my stomach during that bad run". So i found myself for the later half of the month playing MUCH less than I have been for the past few months when building the bank roll. I'd make a few hundred for the day then log off. If i were to win my first 3 sit and goes I played for example id feel like im done for the day.

Basically trying to get off while im still feeling good about my progress for the day instead of feeling as though I have a "quota" to meet. I did make a solid amount of money for the second half of the month and am pleased, but I can tell that i obviously did not play as much as I did in the past months simply from my overall rake (MGR) for the month. Last month and the month before I had a sense of "hunger" that I just don't feel as much anymore. Nowadays its more of "sweet i won $200 today, no bad beats.. let me get the hell off before that changes". I assume that maybe im still rattled over the bad run and it shook my confidence some so I just need to slowly ease my way back into my "groove".. but was just wondering if this happened to anyone else where they hit a horrible run and just didnt have the desire to play as much, for the reasons I described.