View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Blind stealing basics: when you are called

Hello, I'm the opposite of you, been playing nl for 3 yrs now, and been trying to expand to limit over the past 6 mo.

Anyways, to answer your questions (and it wouldve been helpful to know average stack size, I'm assuming you are slightly short):

1) Putting 20-25% of your stack into a steal against 2 much larger stacks here is a bad idea both because of your hand quality, and the lack of table image. If you are new to the table, the fold here is a quick way to show a tight image, helping steal sucess on next round.

2) You have to bet, a check is both weak and an overcard is coming a majority of the time.

3) A standard continuation bet of about half the pot would be good here. You are laying him incorrect odds for a draw (j10) and think this amount will leave you with a short stack still, but you often can get the same result (good or bad) with less risk.

4) AQ is less likely because you prob wouldve seen a reraise preflop. KQ, QJ, Q10 are all very likley. With the amount you bet on the flop and your stack, he pushed you in expecting a call. Assuming a 9 or 7 will win it, you are getting about 4.5:1 on a little better than a 3:1 shot.

Unfortunatly, this isn't a no-brainer call like limit cause out is out. If you don't call you are playing all-in poker. I would call and hope for the best.