View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 05:17 PM

Default PO\'ed a local pro, what do you think, donk or solid

Live 2-150 game. I play this game pretty regularly and one of the regular players by defination is a professional poker player (in otherwords his sole source of income is poker). He was in town after running badly in the WSOP this last week and was feeling a little picked on by the poker gods.

For the last hour or so he has been trying to get some action going on a too tight table. Raising and showing less than premium hands. It has helped a little, and I have no problem with what he was doing, after all there were two fish and a ATM at the table that wanted to play. He is VERY capable of putting it AI on a bluff and has done so twice this day.

He has about $700 behind, I have $300 as I just topped off to the max buy-in.

PF: Pro is UTG+1 and raises to 25 (std raise for this table), folds around to me with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I call putting him on any suited connector, connected or two paint.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] with two spades, UTG+1 leads out 75, but is not giving his "strong" tell, I raise 150 to 225 total, he smooth calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], UTG+1 leads out 150, but looks like he does not like his hand and I do not mean in a direct manner, but I have played with him enough that I have a pretty good read on him and even though he "acted" strong I felt he was scared, I call AI.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], he tables KJo.