View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Results and thoughts

SB had QQ (no spade). MHIG.

In terms of the cards I had, I played this hand fine I think. That basically guided my decision to just call the 3bet and then raise the flop for reasons I outlined in my reply to The Truth.

In terms of thinking what cards the SB had, again I think I played this hand fine. For him to 3bet out of position, he probably has a big pocket pair, AK or maybe AQs. This guided my turn and river play, since against that range of hands, my doesn't look strong enough for a turn or river raise.

What I realized after the hand was that I didn't think enough about what the small blind was thinking. He 3bet a bad player hoping to knock me out and isolate, so I could probably expand his range down to maybe 77 and to include AJ and KQ. And with my just calling preflop he'd have a hard time putting me on a hand as big as AK. So maybe I should have put together that there was enough of a chance he'd have QQ, KQ, AJ, or AK that I could have raised on a big street.

I could raise the turn to charge a Q or the AJs flush draw, or I could raise the river so a hand like TT wouldn't 3bet me. Any preference there?