View Single Post
Old 06-02-2003, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Premium Pairs Question

the chances that you opponets have a over pair are the same as you tripping on the next card . that is 21:1. you need to bring it in for the max .if you are raised you have a easy call if a late position re raises you can likely make it three bets and further limit the field because of your live pair and str8flush kicker.

Most any good card that hits you is bad for your opponents. if the opponents (there shouldnt be that many if you do raise) hit good you almost always have a easy desision.

you should almost always make it the full bet coming in in either of the two senarios. (But if many in not always in the last.) especially if you have an overly agressive opponent either directly to your right or left. then the field will likely face two bets cold and will fold all of their crappy and some of their good hands. leaving you heads up with some one with a bad draw or a dead over pair and kicker or a holed up mid pair which is easy to see improve on all but the last card. this really doesnt frighten you if they do improve except to a bigger flush.if they are on a flush early and catch a 4 flush on 4 th or 5 th you might be in trouble. this is a reason you want to make em fold early. I realize that many LL players hold on hell or high water but most will fold semi dead 3 flushes to 2 bets cold in a short handed pot. If they wont... well god love em .

you should purchase and read pages 60-74 (really you should read all the pages multiple times) of 7 Card Stud for advanced players. it explains these concepts much better than I ever could

gotta go, that crazy crocodile hunter is coming on and I dont want to miss my cameo.

good luck

Wombat6