View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: One HU Hand For Review . . .

You mentioned that he had been very passive in his preflop play...was this also true in postflop play? (you may have not seen much by this point)

I think your mistake was checking the flop and letting him go all in. Since you were first to act I think pushing is the way to go. If he has X,5 or X,2 he will probably push after you check, but he may fold if you go allin first.

Now, assuming I was in your exact position (checking after the flop). If he is as passive as you indicated, I think I'd fold after he pushed, as my opportunities to steal his blinds should be great enough to make up for losing this hand's big blind. If you call and lose, you're closer to even, but if you fold and wait for the next hand you can be very aggressive.

Another benefit to folding here is that you may lull him into a check/push mode, believing that you'll fold when he shows great strength. This can be a great setup to trapping $11 players later when you're HU, especially when they're trying to come from behind. That's just my experience, though...others' opinions?

>>>ZIPPPY