Thread: KJo in the BB
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Re: KJo in the BB

Could be a raise in there pre-flop. Party .5/1 has a lot of loose limpers and this could easily be the best hand right now. Plus the raise makes leading out after the flop more credible. Lousy position tho.

edit: posted before I read the 8-page discussion, and my two sentences on the pre-flop look pretty small. Honestly I don't think it makes a big enough difference to justify the huge debate. I think against certain opponents you can safely raise this, against many others you should check. The type of players you can raise against, however, can be found on Party .5/1. The part I would like to see discussed is the turn play.

Flop looks like what I would do.

Turn...hmmm...button saying he made a set of 6's, or slowplaying a big flopped hand. Could be raggedy two pair so I am going to call...three-bet to try and drive out UTG+1 and CO? Probably going to get re-raised (by button) if I do. If they've got open-enders or flush draws they aren't going anywhere. Do I think I have the best hand right now? Here I really wish we had a read on on Button. The other two I'm not as worried about, which is probably a mistake. What I do here really depends on my opposition's tendencies, but against an unknown, or a tight player, I just might turtle up and call down. Hate myself if he shows K-6 diamonds, or something.