View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 03:49 PM

Default They were getting slight pots odds, but would you do this?

This hand crippled me in a online tourney. Top 17 spots got WSOP seats, 18-30 got cash.

We're less than 10 spots from the money. I had been treading water around 10BBs. I was getting below average cards all tourney, but made some timely blind steals to stay afloat.

I was in the BB with about $5,800, blinds are $300/$600, antes $50. It is folded around to the SB, who had about $5,450. They raised it to $1,800. My gut tells me they are trying a steal. I just know they are. I have A5s, good enough to go over the top all-in to thwart the steal, which I do. Without hesitating they call. They flip over 68o. Sweet. Flop brings an 8 and I was down to $350 and crippled.

So with $8,650 in the pot they are getting a little over 2-1 pot odds. When I go over the top of them, they have to realize that best case scenerio for them they are a 3-2 dog. Take the bad initial steal attempt aside, would you make their call at such slim odds? Or would you fold the 68o and keep your $3,650 and hope for a better chance to double up so close to the money?

Thanks,
Web