View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Comments please...JJ in BB

This isn't a terribly exicitng hand, but I'm curious how others would have played. Party $55 NL tourney, 1st level, maybe 10 hands into the event. Everyone has the T1,000 they started with (more or less). Blinds are 10/15. Play has been very loose/passive (multi-way unraised pots), which is typical with the blinds this low. I have no experience with the players in this hand.

In the BB, I get JJ. UTG+2 open-raises to T90. Two MP players cold call and I call also. Pre-flop, I'm thinking that I probably have the best hand. UTG's 6x/BB raise is too large for a premium pair and MPs' cold calls aren't indicative of a huge hand either. However, I'm not keen on busting out on a race so early, so I want to see a flop before getting too involved.

The flop comes 279 rainbow. I check, planning to check-raise all-in unless there's crazy action behind me. As expected, UTG+2 bets (300 into 380 pot). MP players fold, I CR all-in.

Results (in white):
<font color="white"> UTG+2 called with QQ, handing me my earliest exit every in a Party MTT</font>