Thread: OOPS!
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2003, 07:28 PM

Default RESULTS

I find it interesting that nobody liked checking the flop. I agree that the first thought seems to be to bet the flop and if it were the normal 3/6 crowd, I would have. But this wasn't the normal collection of donators and calling stations. Some of the reasons that I didn't were:

1. This wasn't the type of field to call a flop bet with a hand like JTs or 67s, but if they got a free card and one came on the turn, they might be forced to put a few bets into the pot with almost zero outs.

2. The only hands that can pass me with a free card would be KK,QQ,JJ,TT,99 and because there was no preflop raise, I can assume that most of these hands aren't out there.

3. If the case 8 is out there, then I save money if the flop gets checked around.

4. A hand like 77 or 99 will not want to give a free card and may bet the flop (probably assuming I have a AK or AQ).

5. If the bet comes from my left, I can check-raise the whole table and trap them for extra bets. If it comes from my right, I may check-raise and try to determine who may have the eight or I can just smooth-call to make it look like I am trying to hit an ace or king.

All in all, I think this is a reasonable time to consider slowplaying.

Anyway, for the results, he won with J8s [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks for responding