View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 02:03 AM

Default Re: It\'s a slow night, so I think I\'ll start a thread

Yeah, I think it's clear that significantly -EV image plays can be pretty much pointless should you not play with your target enough, or should they not take note of the odd plays. I almost didn't post this thread, because the advice is completely inapplicable to the lower buyins, and if anyone tried to put my advice into play they would just be costing themselves money. But then I thought of the situations that would arise and I posted it anyway. The thing about this play, I think, is that it almost ensures that decent players take note, as it upsets a very fragile bubble situation, what with the shortstack. The fact that calls like this cost you less than 0.5% of the prize pool also makes them almost certainly profitable when your opponents do notice.

I think in the SNG quiz thread the problem is that the calling range has to loosen up a ton for SB not to be correct in pushing any two, to a point where it is significantly -EV for BB to call. On the other hand, as you say, with calls like this you give up almost nothing for the opportunity to make a very malicious and noticeable play. And we both know that being malicious can be a lot of fun [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]