View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 03:28 AM

Default Re: SnG FAQ question

[ QUOTE ]
I guess im just up for helping the newbs as much as possible (and in many areas i fall into this catagory), but i very much see the angle you come from.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel this way too. I spent over three years posting on a 2+2 like fantasy baseball forum where in depth strategy discussins like those seen so often here take place. And new life to the forum was great and needed for its success. That being said. All it takes for a new ambitious poster is to ask, and usually she or he will recieve a kind pointer in the right direction. I think this, although simple, generally serves the forum well in that it gives newbies a) a hint in how to search for information on these boards and b)gives them a chance to introduce themselves and allow other forum members a chance to get to know, or at least become aware of a new member to the forums. I don't think we should treat the information here as some big secret by any means, but a little effort to extract valuable information that is by all means free, isn't asking that much from browsers and new members.

my 2 cents.