View Single Post
Old 05-10-2003, 04:29 PM

Default Re: When good boats go bad.

I think you need to re-read your hand history. I don't remember every little detail, and this hand is more than 100 hands ago so I can't get the history, but I was in late position (and I think my mighty limp bought me the button).

I bet my set when it was checked to me on the flop and I called the turn because your open bet made me read you as having quite possibly made a low flush that didn't want to give a free card (yes, I know that was weak). You were behind the whole way but didn't know it.

Limping with a big piece of cheese like J5o will get you sucked into unpleasant situations more often than one should like. There is nothing you could have done that would have made me lay down that hand, so don't beat yourself up (unless it relates to your pre-flop call).

P.S. This is the first time I've played .50/$1 in something like eight months. When online, I usually play $2/4, $3/6, or no limit but was just trying to work off my 100-hands-before-cashout requirement as quickly as possible. That said, when someone at that level raised an open bettor and an overcaller on a paired board, you were probably better served simply calling and hoping for the overcall from the other player.