View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Re: OMFG!!! How would you handle this??(Mild gay content)

[ QUOTE ]
It is hard to figure out because it is not really a cheating issue, as we were not dating a few weeks ago. Also he recongizes that there is a difference between a father and a dad, which IMHO is a plus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'd missed that before. That's one less strike against him, then. However, particularly since it sounds like you guys haven't been in the romantic framework very long, it seems possible that you might still be able to successfully back off from that and remain friends with this guy, which in my opinion is likely to be the best thing for everybody involved. It strikes me as a basically good thing to try and help him out through this, but doing so in a way that ties you to the situation as little as possible seems likely to be much better for you.

[ QUOTE ]
But I do not want kids (at least now), and not for the reasons that you may think. I live in Bible Belt and I refuse to have my child teased by other kids because they have 2 daddies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand. Even if you wanted kids, though, I think this situation would still be incredibly awkward. What is likely to be particularly bad about it is that not only will there be a kid, but a kid that A1 guy is going to probably feel pretty strangely about, and a kid that his God-fearing parents are likely to give him incredible [censored] about, assuming they find about it. So he's going to be in a pretty freaked out state of mind, which doesn't seem conducive to a good relationship.

Is the woman definitely keeping the baby?