View Single Post
Old 05-02-2003, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Just another draw

Unless UTG is insane you probably have him beat. I put him on a big pair or AK or AQ. Unless he's got clubs you're probably ahead of him. Unless MP would cold-call two with medium/small connectors, you're probably ahead of him too, put him on high cards as well or a suited ace or a medium large pair that he doesn't want to re-raise UTG with (error on his part of course). CO, same thing. Probably none of them has a 5. However, the collective outs to clubs are the problem, right?

What would you have done, had you check-raised the turn and the 5c fell? I think the turn check-raise is OK if you plan to check the river. I think that you will not lose the club draws with a check raise but you might get rid of hands that you could beat if the tainted out falls.

Given your current situation, you can check call or bet out and fold to a raise. I like the check-call because you may catch somebody betting a hand you can beat that is less than clubs and it costs you the same as betting out and folding to a raise, with the bonus that you get to see your opponents hand. If there is a bet and a raise before it gets back to you you can fold knowing you are beat. If you put them all on high pairs and they are the types to get married to them then by all means bet out.

I would like to know if anyone finds this analysis weak. I'm still learning and am not sure what to do in this situation either.

Rockfish