Thread: Semi-bluffing?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Re: Semi-bluffing?

I started a thread a while back called "playing tight tables " where we break down semi-bluffing into percentages /numbers. It isn't really in-depth but we do some number figuring. If I were going to bluff, I first of all wouldn't be raising KQo but that's me. I wouldn't bluff on a paired board. He took your bet on the flop to mean that you didn't have a 9. This is how most bad players interpret bets on paired boards. Right there, a check and a somewhat big bet on the turn would have gotten you farther in my opinion.

I don't do much semi-bluffing since I'm a winning player as it is but if I were to move up to .50/1 NL or something permanently, I would definitely add it to my game.

If I were you, I wouldn't try to bluff on a paired flop. I would try to bluff when you flop a flush draw and there is only one other player in the hand and you feel villain has top pair or something somewhat weak. I would make a 2-3x pot raise on the turn to try to take it down. Hopefully, this wouldn't be your whole stack since if you hit your flush, you can probably get paid off if he calls and it would also make the play more +EV. Also, do it against a tight player.