View Single Post
Old 04-29-2003, 05:12 AM

Default From the lowest of lows to the highest of highs

I have studified the many valuble reposne to my 32o hand from recently. Most considered that my hand was not high carded!

I have revamped my game to play the higher card, and today I played the following.

I am in the big blind, and I have been granted the

A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

Many sense my power and fold unto the button, who bravely limps. The Small Blind also enteres and I choose to simply check and ensure a good flope.

The flope comes favorablish:

A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

The Small Blind now offeres a bet, which I decide to smoothflat call. The button also feels that to call.

The turn transpires a

(A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]) K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

And once again the Small Blind bets. I must flatsmooth call, and the button continues with the gambling.

The river indicates the

(A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]) Q [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

I feel confident in my hand at this juncturing, and when the Small Blind bets, I smoothraise! The button is calling, and the Small Blind now coldflatcalls.

I have won the congratulations. But am I a genius player ?