View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Does anybody believe in Physics?

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, looks like you're a big fan of philosophy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that supposed to be an insult?

[ QUOTE ]

Also looks like you're not too big a fan of logic. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That definately was supposed to be an insult. I guess that's what scientists do when they can't prove something :P

[ QUOTE ]
Or I could just ask you to read my other posts, particularly the ones where I said if you believe philosophy is equally as valuable as science, then put your money where your mouth is and head to the philosophy department if your kid breaks his arm or you get cancer. Until then.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So the only measure of value in this world is how well something cures cancer? What a sad world you must live in.

[ QUOTE ]
*edit: oh wow, you're a Marxist too? So I guess the fallacies weren't just reserved for me...I feel so unloved [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really like being any called any sort of "ist", but if quoting the Declaration of Independence makes me a Marxist, then I guess I am.

My point remains that philosphers have done their bit to improve the world. Little ideas like freedom of speech, that human beings shouldn't own other human beings, that the law should apply to everyone, and so on, nothing important really, especally when we compare it to important things like MRI scans!