View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Mini step 5 hand, call here?

I guess I'm diverging with the opinions of some others, and perhaps it shows I clearly don't know what I'm talking about. But to me this seems very read-dependent.

Even with the best hand, you could still lose, and won't necessarily be a huge favorite. You're probably either effectively behind a little bit or ahead a little bit.

After this hand, if it's checked to you in the SB, you'll still have folding equity, and might win the blinds without a showdown. Same if you wait another hand till you are on the button.

If you feel the raiser is going to be raising every hand now that his chip stack is so low, you might as well make a stand now. But if not, you might be better off giving up an okay hand now to try a steal or two later. Heck, with a little luck, they won't even be steals; there's always at least some possibility you'll actually get a decent holding.

The way I see it, you could lose here with AA, or win next hand or the one after with 3-2 offsuit.

I think tactically some folks may be right saying it's an auto-call, but strategically, that doesn't seem as clear cut to me.

Okay, I'm ready to be ripped a new one now.