View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Ready to move up?

Preflop:
Wouldn't it make more sense to raise this hand preflop? It seems that because a hand like TT is so weak when OCs come, you can't allow players to with face cards to limp into the pot behind you.

Flop:
What does a typical Party 33 player raise with after a caller? Someone can correct me, but I'd say something like: AA-99, AK-AT, KQ, KJs, QJs, JTs.

Out of this group, we can hope for AK, AT, or 99. Everything else is trouble. Is 3.5-1 enough to take a card off here? I don't particularly care for the check/call. Also, if you are up against one of the 3 "good" hands, your check allows your opponent to take a precious free card for his 6, 7, or 2 outter, respectively. I think I'm in favor of a probing bet of my own here on this flop, however any resistance, and I'm willing to call it quits here.

Turn:
The card that helps 2 of the 3 hands we're hoping for our opponent to have, gets there. Although we have now picked up a rather dubious open ended straight draw. At this point we "know" we're behind, but would like to draw. By betting 175, we're giving ourselves 2.3-1 to draw at our hand, which is woefully inadequate. I don't really see a better hand folding here (AJ maybe, but that's it.) I think a very small bet may be the way to go here, and pray we don't get raised. The whole situation sucks at this time.

Is a Party 33 player laying down anything you're behind to here 32% of the time? I just can't imagine that, especially not TPTK.

Please point out any errors in my thoughts here.