View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 04:50 AM

Default Re: QQ Mid position 2nd hand

That was my logic. I felt if had a stong hand he would have checked raised after the flop, or reraised preflop. I was only beat by AA, KK, or a set after the flop. There wasn't a flush draw. I figured I was against AK-A9.

I reraised all in

Villian immediately called and showed KK and took down the pot.

I usually will push in this situation. I think it is the right move even though you are occasionally beat by a set, KK, or AA. Do most of you feel the same. My logic is that you will usually be looking at high unpaired cards or JJ-88, not KK, or AA in an unreraised pot. If I were in the Villians position, I would be more likely to call with AK-AJ maybe A10.(I wouldn't play A9). I would probably call with JJ-88s. I would reraise with KK for sure, and likely with AA, but I might call with that hand and try to trap. I don't think there is a way of knowing if he is on AA or KK preflop without a reraise. I think going all in after the flop is correct with QQ. It is just going to lose to AA and KK every now and then. I would be curious to know if anyone would have played this differently.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]